Fire Risk management
In the UK it is a legal requirement for all businesses and organisations who employ more than five people, to do a Fire Risk Assessment. This must be documented and on hand for inspection. You need to appoint a responsible person. They have to take all reasonable steps to eliminate the risk of a fire on the property for all the people on the property.
Whether it is a complex new installation or upgrades to an existing fire system, our design engineers and project managers will work closely with your contractors, architects and consultants to tailor an integrated solution for your facility.
Our design process will begin with a survey of your building or facility to help determine the areas of risk. This will then be followed by a works programme outlining the materials, equipment and work processes required to design a solution to best manage those risks.
We can carry out the fire risk assessment
- Identify fire hazards.
- Identify people at risk.
- Evaluate, remove or reduce the risks.
- Record your findings, prepare an emergency plan and provide training.
- Review and update the fire risk assessment regularly.
- The fire safety risk assessment chart gives more detailed information about these steps.
You’ll need to consider:
- Emergency routes and exits
- Fire detection and warning systems
- Fire fighting equipment
- The removal or safe storage of dangerous substances
- An emergency fire evacuation plan
- The needs of vulnerable people, for example, the elderly, young children or those with disabilities
- Providing information to employees and other people on the premises
- Staff fire safety training